Click to zoom
A high performance epoxy resin primer, ideal for sealing concrete surfaces. May be blended with quartz sand (while tacky) to create an anti-slip surface finish. Kingfisher clear epoxy resin for concrete floors can also form a moisture proof membrane.Read More
The colours shown here are dependent upon screen settings or monitor calibration, they are a guide only. The actual colour may vary.
Due to ADR regs on transport of flammables we can only send 25L drums of solvent product via premium rate special carrier, hence minimum FREE carriage order is 4 x 25L or ring for a quote. Alternatively, you can still collect single 25L drums at our Ulverston or Glasgow trade counters.
We would only use this to contact you to discuss your experience with our products.
Damp concrete floor? The solution may be easier than you think! Where standard damp proof paints and sealers fail, our permanent Damp Floor Epoxy Kit delivers a dependable damp proof flooring membrane in as little as 2mm thickness.
Superior two pack epoxy, coloured floor coating formulated for application to concrete, cement and non-ferrous metals. The flooring professional’s choice for heavy traffic areas requiring chemical resistance with a showroom quality, non-slip, satin finish.
High performance but low odour (water based) interior sealer, formulated to provide a tough finish on concrete floors, wall panelling and castings. Floor & Wall Seal is the rapid solution to prevent troublesome dusting from concrete. Hardens concrete floors that have turned out soft or friable. Clear finish with slight surface colour enhancement.
Kingfisher's Clear Epoxy Primer & Coating is a versatile high-performance epoxy resin sealer, primer and coating. It is ideal for sealing most concrete and masonry surfaces. Our clear epoxy floor coating protects and maintains a stable, high-quality concrete surface, especially where protection from immersion is required.
We have extensive experience and expertise in developing and supplying epoxy coatings. This ensures that you can expect the highest quality products. Our clear epoxy floor coating is very durable but also offers a smooth finish that will always impress.
Perfect for coating industrial floors and high traffic areas, this clear epoxy resin for concrete floors is second to none. It offers exceptional abrasion resistance as well as providing a smooth and beautiful finish. This clear epoxy floor coating is not just perfect for coating industrial floors and high traffic areas. It can also be used for concrete countertops and food preparation areas.
Clear Epoxy Primer & Coating can also be blended with quartz sand (while tacky) to create a durable anti-slip surface finish.
Clear Epoxy Primer & Coating is an essential companion to our Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit. It provides a high integrity bond to the concrete substrate. (You typically need only 1 x primer pack per 4 x Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kits).
Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit
The membrane formed by our clear epoxy resin for concrete floors is also moisture resistant. Two coats can be used to control minor signs of damp ingress on older concrete floors.
Before applying this two-part epoxy primer, it is wise to prepare and clean the flooring. Once the flooring is prepared, this product is very easy to apply and will enliven the space. Once applied, our clear epoxy floor coating makes the surface very easy to clean.
We have a wealth of experience providing epoxy resin coatings, so you can rest assured of quality. For more information regarding our clear epoxy resin for concrete floors, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
“Kingfisher CLEAR Epoxy Primer” is a 2 part (resin and activator) premium grade, water based epoxy resin coating. The non-toxic formulation dries to an extremely tough CLEAR finish with a slight “sheen”. It is resistant to a wide variety of chemicals including white spirit-based materials, petroleum, diesel, hydraulic fluids and more, making it ideal for many industrial, agricultural, domestic and commercial applications including food manufacturers, kitchens, workshops, garages, showrooms and areas around the home. It is supplied as a 2 part product conveniently packed in the correct proportions to facilitate ease of mixing.
Companion / Related Products:
• Kingfisher Epoxy Damp Floor Sealer Kit• Kingfisher Anti‐Sulphate Solution
Refer to these individual product data sheets for detailed application guidance published on our website www.kingfisheruk.com.
Domestic, industrial, commercial and agricultural environments:
• As an essential component floor primer for our Kingfisher Epoxy Damp Floor Sealer Kit• As a stand alone sealer for mildly damp concrete floors• As a general purpose sealer for concrete and other mineral based floors• As a durable chemical resistant CLEAR coating for walls and mineral based surfaces such as brick, stone, concrete block• Surface stabiliser for dusting or friable concrete, cement, brick, stone, etc• Food Production Kitchens• Utility Rooms• Plant Rooms• Warehouses• Workshops• Garages• Milking Parlours• Kennels
Highly durable 2 part epoxy coating.
• Unlike paints, the translucent formulation leaves the surface texture visible• Ease of application by roller or brush (see application section for guide)• Highly chemical resistant, especially to solvents including most hydraulic/brake fluids
1. Clean the surface: To ensure the Kingfisher CLEAR Epoxy Primer keys to the floor or wall, the surface must firstly be cleansed of all dust, dirt, oil residue and other surface laitance. If necessary, use a de‐greasing agent to thoroughly de‐contaminate oil-stained surfaces. Flaking paint should be removed by abrasion or wire brushing. If the surface is dusty this should ideally be vacuumed to remove fine particles.
2. Surface repairs: It is often only after cleaning that the full extent of required repairs become obvious. Fill any minor holes in concrete with repair mortar of sand, cement, fine aggregate and Kingfisher K‐X11 Waterproof Admixture mixed with 4 parts water. If the concrete surface is “soft” either in specific areas or over the entire surface, then contact Kingfisher Technical Services for advice on selecting a penetrating sealer to consolidate the surface before painting is attempted.
Kingfisher K‐X11 Waterproof
*Important!” If damaged and/or un‐level concrete is also damp, use Kingfisher Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit which contains a flooring compound to both level the surface and seal cracks permanently.
*Important!” If damaged and/or un‐level concrete is also damp, use Kingfisher Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit which contains
a flooring compound to both level the surface and seal cracks permanently.
3. Salt (Efflorescence) Treatment: Kingfisher CLEAR Epoxy Primer is commonly used in conjunction with the Kingfisher Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit to seal damp floors. Where the floor is clearly suffering from rising damp, the concrete will inevitably be contaminated with hygroscopic ground water salts. These salts must be neutralised by pre‐treating with Kingfisher Anti‐Sulphate Solution to avoid delamination resultant from chloride/sulphate corrosion.
Kingfisher Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit
Kingfisher Anti‐Sulphate Solution
4. New Concrete: As with all cementitious products, newly poured concrete has a high alkalinity which combined with chloride and moisture evaporation during curing can cause de‐lamination of any coating which is applied to early. We recommend allowing concrete to cure fully before applying the epoxy coating (typical curing rate = 1 day per mm thickness of concrete). In addition, we suggest an application of Kingfisher Floor & Wall Sealer to assist with neutralising the alkalinity of new concrete.
Kingfisher Floor & Wall Sealer
Kingfisher CLEAR Epoxy Primer should be applied in ONE coat when used as a primer for the Kingfisher Damp Floor Epoxy Sealer Kit and TWO coats where it is a finished surface coatinga. Brush application: Apply using standard painting techniques but use only premium grade brushes suitable for use with epoxy resin. Budget range brushes will shed bristles spoiling the finish.b. Roller application: Use a standard medium knap roller fixed to a sturdy decorator’s pole and roll the product on in board sweeps ensuring even coverage
1. Using a low-speed electric stirrer pre‐mix, the PART B resin for 3 to 4 minutes BEFORE ADDING THE ACTIVATOR PART A. Thoroughly mix the resin to a uniform consistency, making sure the stirrer reaches the bottom of the container.
2. Pour PART A activator material into the PART B resin material and still using a variable low speed electric stirrer, mix the two together for 4‐5 minutes until a uniform consistency is achieved.
TWO coats of Kingfisher Epoxy Floor Paint are normally required to achieve optimum protection. The second coat should only be applied once the first coat is touch dry and not more than 48 hours after first coat application. Pot life when mixed is only 1-2 hours at 20°C. If you intend to use less than the full amount in the containers, you should first measure equal portions of the resin “Part B” and activator “Part A” into a clean container before mixing. Kingfisher Epoxy Floor Paint should be tack free in 6-8 hours at 20°C and complete cure is achieved after 2-7 days. Note: ‐ The lower the ambient temperature, the longer it will take for the paint to fully cure. – DO NOT apply when the ambient temperature is below 6°C, over 24 hours.
Brushes can be cleaned in warm soapy water, but disposable rollers should be allowed to cure fully before being discarded.
4‐6 m2 / litre per coat
Kingfisher Epoxy Floor Paint is supplied as 1 litre of “Part A” activator and a 4 litre tin of “Part B” resin. The “Part B” tin is over sized to leave room for additional and mixing of the “Part A” activator.
The product has a shelf life of 12 months unopened from the date of manufacture, subject to correct storage conditions. Store upright in original sealed packaging in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight, away from sources of ignition and protected from frost. Keep out of reach of children.
• If applying by spray wear a face mask and eye protection• Wear disposable gloves and overalls during preparation and application• Avoid contact with skin and eyes• If contact occurs wash immediately with plenty of water• Keep out of reach of children• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying• Always dispose of empty packaging responsibly• The product is flammable so do not apply near sources of ignition. NO SMOKING• Contains solvent aromatic middle distillate and is classified as harmful• Keep children and pets away from treated areas until fully cured• Do not allow run off to contaminate drains, waterways or planted areas
Before using this product read the Material Safety Data Sheet which can be obtained at www.kingfisheruk.com or by calling the Kingfisher Technical Dept. Tel: 01229 869 100.
The information given in this product data sheet is given in good faith, based on current knowledge and experience. It relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such material used in combination with any other materials or in any process. Such information is to the best of the company’s knowledge and belief, accurate as of the date indicated.
All recommendations are made without warranty or guarantee, as to accuracy, reliability, completeness since the conditions of use are beyond our control. It is the user’s responsibility to satisfy themselves as to the suitability and application of such information for their own use
Used this to stop people slipping on a concrete ramp that was just too smooth and slippery in we weather. Very sticky to use but sand really bonded to it and has roughened the surface enough to make safe again.
Reviewed by Dave Williams
All fields marked with an * are required. If you are sending a photo, please allow time for the contact form to upload the photo. Please do not click refresh after clicking send until the form is submitted.