We offer seminars through out the year to teach tradesmen the most effective uses of our products and to allow you to brush up on or expand your range of skills. Attending these seminars is the first step to becoming an approved Kingfisher contractor. All of our Remedial and Kolourseal 1 day Seminars can now be booked online. Courses are all day events with lunch provided, the day starts at 9:30am and normally finishes between 3pm and 4pm.
Please note - Kingfisher reserve the right to refuse an application if there is currently an approved contractor operating in the applicants area.
Course fees include:
- Training seminar day
- Admission to the "Provisional Approved Contractor Register"
- Technical support
- Literature pack/Promotional materials
If you go on to apply to become approved you will benefit from the following:
- Training - Intensive course gives you the "tools" & background knowledge to get started.
- Credibility - "approved" status builds confidence with customers.
- Guarantees - Ability to offer a manufacturer backed guarantee re-assures customers.
- Technical support direct from the factory.
Become a Kingfisher Approved Applicator
KOLOURSEAL 1 day seminar
Kolourseal Seminars are aimed at new operators starting out in the roof coating industry. As well as the classroom element there is a strong practical side to the course, including spray coating in our factory demo area, so we advice warm casual dress.
- Background to the industry
- Surveying a roof
- Repairs and preparation
- Washing roof & biocide treatment
- Application of Kolourseal treatments
- Introduction to spray equipment
- Maintenance & cleaning equipment
- Correct spraying techniques
- Sales & Marketing
First Person - £325 + VAT
Additional Guests - £75 + VATBook Online
Remedial 1 day seminar
Kingfisher Remedial Seminars are designed to provide high quality training for those dealing with dampness, timber treatment, basement conversions and a wide range of other structural water-proofing issues.
- Identifying sources of dampness in buildings
- Diagnosing the causes of damp and selecting the correct remedial treatment
- Remedial chemical "DPC" installation including "practical session covering the correct use of injection equipment"
- Timber Treatment - diagnosis and treatment of fungal decay and inset infestation
- Tanking & Basement conversion - selection of most appropriate system and basic principles of intallation
- Remedial pointing (Kwikpoint) and effective treatment of "penetrating damp"
- Associated products & their usage
- Issuing Guarantees - procedures and forms