24 people are watching this item
3 items have recently sold!
Click to zoom
Please Note: Remember computer screens and printers do not interpret colour consistently. We recommend that you order a tester before making your final colour choice.
USE WHAT PROFESSIONALS USE! Trusted by thousands of joinery manufacturers, K-X10 Oil-Based wood stain provides a durable and elegant satin finish. This timber stain is perfect for both hardwood and softwood applications. Always looking to improve our range, look out for the brand new coloured finish "Ashen Slate" available now!Read More
The colours shown here are dependent upon screen settings or monitor calibration, they are a guide only. The actual colour may vary.
Due to ADR regs on transport of flammables we can only send 25L drums of solvent product via premium rate special carrier, hence minimum FREE carriage order is 4 x 25L or ring for a quote. Alternatively, you can still collect single 25L drums at our Ulverston or Glasgow trade counters.
We would only use this to contact you to discuss your experience with our products.
Your project deserves Kingfisher K-X10 5 Year oil-based Wood Stain, the premium oil-based timber stain. This product is perfect for both hardwood and softwood applications, including:
Designed as a two-coat system, the first application absorbs into the timber surface. The second coat forms a microporous (breathable), protective finish with outstanding depth of colour and endurance in all weathers. Unlike the ubiquitous water-based "shed and fence" treatments, Kingfisher K-X10 5 Year Oil-Based Wood Stain exhibit a translucent quality. This accentuates and enhances the natural grain of the timber.
Updating and enhancing the appearance of wood couldn’t be simpler with our interior and exterior wood stain. We have a wealth of experience supplying timber stain products, ensuring a high quality finish. Our interior and exterior wood stain is available in a wide range of colours, suitable for almost any type of wood. It can be used on anything from doors, window frames and conservatories to garden furniture, architectural timbers and anything in-between.
Our unique formulation of premium resins, water repellents and pigments have been extensively developed. At first, this was to meet the particular climatic challenges facing traditional joinery producers in Cumbria and the Dales. Decades on our commitment to enhancing and protecting timber remains undiminished, whilst embracing the very latest innovations in coatings technology.
K-X10 5 Year Exterior Oil-Based Wood Stain is available in a variety of coloured stain. This includes Mahogany, Light Oak, Black, Spruce Green, Clear, Pine, Rosewood, Teak and Walnut. and the coloured finish "Ashen Slate".
Note: Remember computer screens and printers do not interpret colour consistently. We recommend that you order a tester before making your final colour choice.
Kingfisher “K-X10” is a premium oil-based wood stain which combines a decorative high-build finish, with outstanding weather protecting qualities. Kingfisher “K-X10” is formulated using our unique blend of carefully selected resins, waterproofing materials and high density pigments available in nine traditional colours.
Ultra-violet deterioration and moisture penetration are the precursors to timber decay and fungal attack but Kingfisher “K-X10” provides an effective shield against both rain and sunlight degradation. In addition Kingfisher “K-X10” is permeable to water vapour, which allows the timber substrate to evaporate or “breathe” whilst still repelling mass water droplets. These features and the product’s five year lifespan significantly reduce maintenance costs.
Kingfisher “K-X10” exhibits a translucent quality which accentuates and enhances the natural grain of the timber for an authentic finish.
Companion / Related Products:
• Wood Preserver• Wood Filler
(Refer to these individual product data sheets for detailed application guidance – published on our website www.kingfisheruk.com)
Kingfisher “K-X10” can be used as a “stand-alone” finish for pressure treated timber or in conjunction with a primary coat of professional timber preserver (1 x coat timber preserver, 2 x coats K-X10).
Protection and decorative enhancement of hardwood and softwood installations including:• Window frames & doors• Fascia boards & soffits• Decking• Log cabins & summer Houses• Timber cladding (pine & cedar)• Premium gates & fencing• Timber Garages• Garden furniture• Joinery manufacturing• Stables• Kennels & Catteries• & Many other applications...
If in doubt, please call our technical services department on 01229 869 100 for guidance.
• Easy application by brush or high pressure spray(see application section for guidance)• Durable weatherproof finish with high UV and moisture resistance• Protects against the onset of decay and rot.• Five year formulation extends re-decoration intervals, saving time and money.
The surface to be treated should be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, mould, dirt, paint or varnish residues. It is essential that the timber is dry in the first instance before surface preparation and application begin:
1. Protect from Fungal & Insect AttackUntreated timber should be liberally coated with a single application of professional, penetrating “Wood Preserver” (see www.kingfisheruk.com) to provide primary protection from dry rot, wet rot and wood boring insects. Similarly for existing timber where the prior treatment status is unknown, we recommend precautionary treatment. Note: “Wood Preserver” is available in “Clear” and a range of colours. Make sure that you select a colour which is compatible for over coating with your chosen shade of Kingfisher “K-X10”. Allow to cure for 24 hours (at 20 deg C) before applying the first coat of K-X10.
2. Cleaning & FillingClean down timber with a stiff brush to remove all dirt and loose material. Where holes and other imperfections are to be repaired use Kingfisher “Wood filler” (www.kingfisheruk.com). For best results, mix with a small (droplets) portion of Kingfisher “K-X10” prior to application to provide an accurate colour match.
3. SandingTo ensure that the Kingfisher “K-X10” keys to the surface of the wood, planed timbers should be lightly abraded with a fine sandpaper to improve absorption of the first coat. Filled areas should be abraded to achieve a smooth and level finish. Coarse un-planed timbers e.g. fencing rails require no sanding.
Kingfisher “K-X10” should be gently stirred either by hand or with a low speed power stirrer. Kingfisher “K-X10” should generally be applied as a two coat system, by brush or high pressure spray (in controlled conditions only). Always apply to a small inconspicuous test area to check you are satisfied with the finish before proceeding to full application.
a) Brush Application: Apply 2 x coats using only premium grade brushes suitable for use with solvent based paints. Budget range brushes will shed their bristles spoiling the finish. Work in broad even strokes working first in one direction, then the other, ensuring even coverage. Allow 24 hours between coats.
c) Spray Application: Apply 2 x coats using a professional airless high pressure sprayer (e.g. “Graco” 4900 / 5900 series) for larger areas and specialist joinery manufacturing. Standard garden/ DIY sprayers (including fence sprayers) are NOT suitable as they do not have solvent resistant seals. Allow 24 hours between coats.
Brushes can be cleaned in Kingfisher “White Spirit”. Spray equipment must be thoroughly flushed with Kingfisher “White Spirit” before being stored away.
Kingfisher “K-X10” is supplied in 1 litre and 5 litre cans.
Kingfisher “K-X10” is flammable. Store in original packaging in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight, away from sources of ignition. Keep out of reach of children. NO SMOKING.
The product has a shelf life of 24 months from the date of manufacture, subject to correct storage conditions.
• If applying by spray wear a face mask and eye protection.• Wear disposable gloves and overalls during preparation and application.• Avoid contact with skin and eyes.• If contact occurs wash immediately with plenty of water.• Keep out of reach of children.• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.• Always dispose of empty packaging responsibly.• The product is flammable so do not apply near sources of ignition. NO SMOKING.• Contains solvent aromatic middle distillate and is classified as harmful.• Keep children and pets away from treated areas until fully cured.• Do not allow run off to contaminate drains, waterways or planted areas.
Further Health and Safety information on this product is provided in the MSDS, copies of which are available from the Kingfisher Technical Dept Tel. 01229 869100 or Fax 01229 869101.
I used the walnut stain for lettering and outlines for a large name plate for a boat our charity owns. It was great to use. It didn't bleed into the grain, had a lovely consistency and colour. I only needed 2 coats before I varnished over the top. Would highly recommend not only the product but the company as their staff are extremely helpful.
Reviewed by A Potter on behalf of Ocean Youth Trust South
I've been using other makes on our outdoor swing seat, but this tops the lot for colour and finish. Very easy to apply with good coverage
Reviewed by bill Coates
All fields marked with an * are required. If you are sending a photo, please allow time for the contact form to upload the photo. Please do not click refresh after clicking send until the form is submitted.