Click to zoom
Designed specifically as a premium gloss finish sealer for imprinted concrete driveways, our imprinted concrete sealer protects your new or established imprinted concrete beautifully.Read More
The colours shown here are dependent upon screen settings or monitor calibration, they are a guide only. The actual colour may vary.
Due to ADR regs on transport of flammables we can only send 25L drums of solvent product via premium rate special carrier, hence minimum FREE carriage order is 4 x 25L or ring for a quote. Alternatively, you can still collect single 25L drums at our Ulverston or Glasgow trade counters.
We would only use this to contact you to discuss your experience with our products.
Designed specifically as a premium gloss finish concrete sealant for imprinted driveways, Imprintseal protects your new or established imprinted concrete. Manufactured to exacting specifications using specially selected resins. Imprintseal imprinted concrete sealer protects the surface from the effects of rain, frost, sunlight and traffic abrasion.
Imprintseal not only protects and seals pattern imprinted concrete. It also enhances the colour of the original design to regain that new look appearance. Our pattern concrete sealer is compatible with Kingfisher Restore-A-Drive. In some cases, it can be used to re-pigment very faded concrete before the application of an overcoat with Imprintseal. Always apply to a discreet test area first to check colour compatibility.
Our imprinted concrete sealer is ideal for protecting your patterned concrete patio or driveway. Used widely by DIY and professional contractors, it is suitable for all types of imprinted concrete surfaces. This product can protect your concrete surface from anything from moss and algae growth to oil and grease spills.
Use our imprinted concrete sealer regularly to ensure your concrete surface stays protected for years. You will find that this product will not soften in warm temperatures and will not brittle in freezing conditions. Our wealth of experience providing this pattern concrete sealer ensures outstanding results. So, enhance your imprinted concrete driveway or patio today to guarantee its immaculate appearance.
Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” is a high solids liquid sealer formulated primarily for application to “Pattern Imprinted Concrete”, also known as “Stamped Concrete”. It is manufactured using only premium grade acrylic resins and hydro-carbon solvents. Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” is a penetrating polymer resin which enhances the colour of paving with a vibrant gloss or “wet look” finish. Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” can be used when sealing the original pattern stamped concrete or for re-glazing the surface in later years. The sealing process provides a hard, yet flexible clear film with an added protection against heat generated by hot vehicle tyres, engines and exhausts.
Companion / Related Products:• Kingfisher “Bio-Wash”• Kingfisher “Solvent Resistant Sprayer”• Kingfisher “Solvent No. 2”
(Refer to these individual product data sheets for detailed application guidance – published on our website www.kingfisheruk.com)
Domestic, commercial & industrial:• Concrete driveways• Concrete paths and walkways• Decorative concrete• Stamped or Pattern Imprinted concrete (PIC)
If in doubt, please call our technical services department on 01229 869 100 for guidance.
• Ease of application by roller, brush or spray (see application section for guidance).• Resistance to tyre markings, scratching and marring.• Highly durable weatherproof finish with high UV and oil stain resistance.• Protects against moss and algal growth.• Easy spread, single component which dries quickly allowing fast application.• High tensile strength gives outstanding product life.• Fast drying formulation.
For new installations, Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” should only be applied to concrete when all curing and finishing operations have been completed. The concrete should be sufficiently cured to minimise the likelihood of salts migrating to the surface and being trapped beneath the sealer.
For rejuvenation of existing installations, follow the steps below:
1. Clean the surfaceTo ensure that the Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” keys to the concrete, the surface must firstly be cleansed of all moss, mould, lichen, carbon deposits, oil stains and airborne dirt. Thoroughly wash the surface using a pressure washer but take care not to draw the nozzle too close to the surface as this may damage the decorative stamped surface. Leave to dry.
2. RepairsIt is often only after cleaning that the full extent of required repairs becomes obvious. Pattern imprinted concrete can be difficult to repair as the decorative effects are created whilst it is curing and still malleable. You should therefore seek advice from either the original installer or one of the manufacturers of “Patten Imprinted Concrete” systems before attempting repair.
3. Biocidal Wash TreatmentAfter cleaning (once dry) the paving should be thoroughly sprayed to refusal with Kingfisher “Bio Wash”. This is applied by low pressure sprayer (as for weed killer etc.) to the entire paving surface and is left to dry out (do not rinse). This is an extremely important phase in the process because it will greatly reduce the possibility of moss or lichens re-establishing by ensuring that the paving is sanitised and inert, ready for the first coat of Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss”.
Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” is applied in 2 coats and the first coat can be diluted by 15% to 30% with Kingfisher “Solvent No.2” if desired (aids surface penetration). The second coat should be applied neat. Application by high pressure sprayer achieves the best results but the product can equally be applied by brush or roller. Always apply to a small inconspicuous test area to check you are satisfied with the finish before proceeding to full application.
Kingfisher “Solvent No.2”
a) Brush Application: Use only premium grade brushes suitable for use with solvent based paints. Budget range brushes will shed their bristles spoiling the finish. Work in broad even stokes working first in one direction, then the other, ensuring that no ponding occurs.
b) Roller Application: Use a standard (disposable) thick knap roller fixed to a sturdy decorator’s pole and roll the product on in broad sweeps ensuring even coverage without ponding.
c) Spray Application: It is possible to apply the product using either a manual low pressure solvent resistant sprayer (see: Kingfisher Solvent Resistant Sprayer) or a professional airless high pressure sprayer (e.g. “Graco” 4900 / 5900 series). The main advantage of this method of application is that it ensures a smooth application and superior finish. Standard garden/ DIY sprayers (including fence sprayers) are NOT suitable as they do not have solvent resistant seals.
Kingfisher Solvent Resistant Sprayer
Apply two coats for best results allowing 3 to 4 hours between coats.
Note: Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” MUST NOT be applied to wet or damp surfaces, if rain is imminent, in high humidity or if ambient temperatures are below +5°C in the following 24 hr period. As with all solvent acrylic sealers, be sure to schedule the works allowing sufficient time for initial cure to take place before the evening dew point to avoid airborne moisture contamination.
Brushes can be cleaned in Kingfisher “Solvent No.2” but disposable rollers should be allowed to cure fully before being discarded.
Spray equipment must be thoroughly flushed with Kingfisher “Solvent No.2” before being stored away.
If the sealer should become accidentally moisture contaminated during application or drying, this will result in white staining (oil & resin mixing with water). This can be remediated with Kingfisher “Solvent No.2” and you should refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet on our website for detailed instructions.
Note: White spirit is NOT suitable for cleaning up Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss”.
Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss” is supplied in 5 litre cans and 25 litre drums.
Kingfisher “Imprintseal Gloss" is flammable. Store in original packaging in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight, away from sources of ignition. Keep out of reach of children. NO SMOKING.
The product has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture, subject to correct storage conditions.
• If applying by spray wear a face mask and eye protection• Wear disposable gloves and overalls during preparation and application.• Avoid contact with skin and eyes.• If contact occurs wash immediately with plenty of water.• Keep out of reach of children.• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.• Always dispose of empty packaging responsibly.• The product is flammable so do not apply near sources of ignition. NO SMOKING.• Contains solvent aromatic middle distillate and is classified as harmful.• Keep children and pets away from treated areas until fully cured.• Do not allow run off to contaminate drains, waterways or planted areas.
Before using this product read the Material Safety Data Sheet which can be obtained at www.kingfisheruk.com or by calling the Kingfisher Technical Dept. Tel: 01229 869 100.
DO NOT APPLY IN DAMP OR WET CONDITIONS
Really impressed with this product, easy to use and creates a really good end finish and protection.
Reviewed by John Lovell
All fields marked with an * are required. If you are sending a photo, please allow time for the contact form to upload the photo. Please do not click refresh after clicking send until the form is submitted.